What is LANDED? LANDED is a young person’s information charity based in Lanarkshire. We share messages of harm reduction on topics such as; drugs, alcohol, cannabis, tobacco and sexual health. We do this by delivering topic-based workshops to groups of young people and other community-based projects.
What does being a LANDED Peer Educator involve?
We get together weekly and learn about different risk-taking behaviours mentioned above, eat some good food and have a laugh. After we've explored all these topics, you will plan projects in your local area to inform other young people about them.
This year, we’re changing things up and hope to explore some new topics like mental health, the environment and online safety.
What do I get out of it?
· Increased knowledge on all of the topics LANDED cover
· A safe place to make friends and have fun
· Make a difference in your local community
· Someone to listen, if you want to talk
· A chance to gain new skills and try something different
· Support with your CV
· Help looking for employment
· Support in writing college or university applications
· You will be respected and treated as an individual
· The chance to go on day or residential trips
· Develop your confidence, self-esteem, team working and communication skills
· Have fun and try something new
How much of my time will it take up?
We meet once a week, at night, in our Wishaw office. We occasionally meet on a Sunday for training days and will also have some away days and trips throughout the year. You’ll get all of these dates in advance and they are organised around your availability. The volunteering placement will last one year.